Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Vegas Baby!

My dad and Donna (my dads new wife... my "step-mom" ) took my family and I to Vegas for my birthday in July. Neil and I were just going to go with them, but it is hard to leave the kids... so they came along. We were down there for a few days and had a great time! You may ask... what is there to do in Vegas when you bring the kids? Well... not alot... but we were excited to get to see a show!

We all (kids included) went to see Blue Man Group @ the Venitian and the kids loved loved LOVED it. Jacobs comment when it was over was "this is the best day of my life!"

Stupid Glare on photo!
 

We also went to a Malaysian Returant which served food that brought back ALOT of memories. I lived in Malaysia with my family while I was in High School for 3 years. I loved the culture and the people and I loved the food. I have had dreams about some of it ever since I left. This stuff was just how I remembered. Blast from the past!


We all went to "China Town" where the kids got to find their treasure! Donna got a picture of the kids and the sweet lady from the store.


There was a store called "Paige" at the Venetian
 While we were waiting for our show to start we watched these Mimes at St. Marks Square inside the Venetian. They look so real and suddenly you will see one move or wave. Always fun!

These statues were remarkable!


Dad and Donna watched the kids the second night so Neil and I could go see The Phantom also showing at the Venetian. It was AMAZING!! Absolutly amazing! The music was excellent and the set design and staging was unbelievable. This is a must see if you are going to Vegas.

Phantom 1Phantom 2

2 comments:

Michelle said...

SO cool! That Malaysian food looks amazing ... and ya really can't go wrong with musicals and shows in Vegas. Lucky!! I'm glad you guys had such a great time.

I'm SO glad Krystal and Paige are together in Ms. Jensen's class. Woohoo!

Martha said...

Yeah!! You're posting again! It looks like your family is doing well!