Monday, January 7, 2008

Help!!! I do not want to do this

Ok, I have officially decided I am going to jump into the Potty Training thing with Paige. I have postponed this long enough and I think it is time. I HATE THIS!! The being stuck to the house, the messy underwear, the wet pants, the fights...augh!! I hate potty training!!

I never did pull ups with Jacob, I just went straight into "big boy pants." I think this time I am going to try the pull ups thing. Paige is so obstinate, that she will not want to do it, just because I asked her to. I have to use the whole reverse psychology thing with her...and I hate it! Anyone out there with suggestions, I am all ears!! This is just day one...and I am already tired of it.

2 comments:

Chris said...

I dont know Amy, reverse psychology seems to work great with you... You would think that it would work with your duaghter....hmmm.... wierd.....
-You got me stumped on that one!!!

Tammy said...

grr...I feel your pain. I am trying to do potty training for Bailey also. But it isn't going so well. We try the "run around naked" method at my house and it usually works pretty well as long as I am RIGHT THERE at all times. Because otherwise she will poop on the stairs (major accident on Sat.) Bailey loves gum so that is a decent treat for her. I also bought her a brand new "big girl" potty that she helped put together and she was way excited about it. She likes that much better than sitting on the big toilet with the padded seat. Just some ideas. Also I read a book that said don't get mad at them if you can help it! I try to repeat over and over, they are learning! they are learning! I can do this!