Wednesday, August 19, 2009

FIRST GRADE!!

I find myself constantly asking... "am I really this old?" Please do not answer that.

Jacob started first grade today. Wow! FIRST GRADE! Now, he has all day school. Eating lunch in the cafeteria. The "big kids" playground. His own desk. My mom would always look forward to school starting. She would tell me that she was going to take herself to a movie and lunch to celebrate! I would think... "man that is sooo rude!" Now, I understand! We are back to a regular routine. Although I am going to miss him so so much, that routine sure is nice!!

Good luck this year Jacob! I know you will be great! We love you ~ mom

4 comments:

Heather-hoo Andersen said...

I KNOW that Jacob had to have been the most handsome first grader in his school!!!! I cannot believe he is a big first grader!!! Love ya Jacob!!! :0)

Rachael said...

He's getting so big! At least you got the right day this year. :) BTW- tomorrow, you might want to send him to school with some shoes.

Martha said...

Wow! A first grader?! You are old!

Chalan said...

Can you believe our kids are this old?? Where did the time go. I hope Jacob has as much fun as Blythe is- she loves eating lunch at school- it is her favorite part. :) I love the routine but kind of hate having her gone all day. :)