Sunday, August 30, 2009

Things NOT to do on a Saturday afternoon with the family...

HIKE MNT TIMP!!
I was told this was an "easy" hike.
I was told that kids do well on these hikes.
I was told it was paved the whole way and you can bring strollers.
NONE of this was true!!

Neil and I thought that since the summer was quickly coming to an end and the weather was starting to cool down, that it would be fun to take the kids on a nice Saturday hike up in the mountain. We could hike up Mnt. Timp and go see the caves, something I have been wanting to do for years now. Paige and Jacob could walk and we could push Kallie on the stroller. It would be a fun thing to do.... wrong. It was not until we got there that we learned we could not bring the stroller. The path was too steep at parts and it was too easy for something like that to fall off the side... nice thought. So, we decided that since we were already there, we would just carry Kallie and do it anyway. For some reason I never was told or I never listened when it was mentioned that it was 2 miles each way. 2 miles up and down STEEP hills.
For the most part the kids did great! I had to carry Kallie the whole time. We did not have a carrier for her, so it was all in the arms. By the end, our backs hurt, our knees hurt and we wanted to be home!!
Here are a few pictures from our adventure.

This is Paige no more then 20 yards from the start of the path. She started jumping up and down, crying and whining to be held, that her feet hurt and she was tired.... all we could do was laugh!


*** Now it is a real fun joke to tell Paige that we are going hiking that day. She immediately starts to whine. ***

8 comments:

Heather-hoo Andersen said...

Oh the fun! We have been wanting to hike Timp too, but we heard about the stroller thing. I told Jared we would not be hiking it until the boys could hike their own little bottoms up it!!! :0)

Martha said...

UGH! We hiked that last summer. Jeff said it wasn't bad, paved the whole way, blah, blah, blah! We got there and I just wanted to turn around and go home. It was tough, even without kids, but the caves were pretty cool. Then, we had to hike back down! I had so many blisters.

I'm with Paige. That is how I felt the whole time.

Stephanie said...

So glad for the heads up.

Rob has been wanting(begging) to go for a few years now. He can go we just won't take the kids...yet.

Freckles said...

Wow, I've never done that before, now I know! I love those pictures, the one of her crying is hilarious! Nice job.

Tammy said...

I absolutely love the picture of her screaming on your legs! That is awesome! so funny...why do kids get that way. Bailey is pretty similar! It's funny that are girls are so much alike and have the same birthday! Big kindergarten next year. What will it be like with only one kid left at home??

ashley said...

so glad we met last week...had so much fun with you and your hubby. your kids are adorable and I can tell you are such a sweet mom...and a hot one at that! :)
we SO have to keep in touch...seriously!! whens the next cruise baby?

ashley said...

Come to AZ!! We would love to see you!

ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.