Sunday, February 17, 2008

First Fish




We all went Ice Fishing for the first time today. Neil had some coworkers invite us up to Schofield Lake to fish through the two foot ice that is up there.... Can I just say, it was SOO COLD! I thought I prepared enough with the four shirts and three pants...but that was not enough! Now keep in mind, I grew up in a family that were not our doors people. We moved and traveled so much, that there was no time for the hunting, fishing, hiking...you get the idea. So, this was my first time fishing EVER!! Why did the first time have to be on top of an iced over lake? Not my idea of fun.


Anyway, Paige was miserable the entire time but Jacob was a sport. It took him a while to understand that fish just do not appear on the hook, that it takes time and patience. We are proud to say that Jacob caught his FIRST FISH, actually he caught three! He was so excited. It was fun to see the joy in his eyes.


After the first two were gutted, he was protective of the third and did not want it to be hurt. I think he thought the thing was still alive. He was also worried about the fish’s friends that he was leaving behind...that’s my boy!! Always animal conscious. Jacob was a trooper and is ready for his next trip...I do not think that will be until spring!!


3 comments:

Chris said...

Gooooooo Jacob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heather-hoo Andersen said...

Jacob!!!! High five awesome nephew....I am excited for you. Aunt Heather LOVES to fish. Maybe we can go this summer! :0)

Tammy said...

Sounds like it was cold. I can't believe you were braving it. I like to fish, but not in the cold. The cold is only good if you are sledding or skiing or snowboarding! Hey we need to see that belly! You should be finding out what it is soon right??? I am dying to hear!