Thursday, March 20, 2008

It is official

IT IS A GIRL!!!
We have known for about a month now that we were having a girl, but I wanted to wait for my "official" Dr. visit to announce. When we were pregnant with Jacob, I was told twice, he was a girl, just to find out after all the pink was bought, otherwise. So, I have held it in just to hear it one more time.

Jacob REALLY REALLY wanted a brother. So much so, that he had a name and would talk about the games they were going to play. He had this all planned out in his mind. I tried to tell him that Heavenly Father does not always send us what we ask for. So, Jacob started praying for a brother. For his sake, I was hoping for a boy. I did not want to deal with his dreams being crushed.

A few weeks back, my sweet sister in law, who is an ultrasound tech, let us all come and see her at work so she could check this baby out. I could tell by the look on her face, the news was not what we were thinking. As Heather would say, "oh look Jacob, the baby is waving at you..." he would reply... "but, is it a boy?" We decided not to talk to him about it right there. We knew that this news was something he was going to have to warm up to.

When we tried to break the news, we got the crying and denial that we expected. However, it was not until his Dad (smart man that he is) told Jacob just how much the two of them have in common. It went something like this....

Dad - "Jacob, you and I are so much alike"
Jacob - "Yea Dad. I know. We both have short hair. "
Dad - "Yea that right. We both like guns."
Jacob - "Yep...And we both like fishing..."
Dad - "That's right. You know what else we have that is the same. We both are going to have two sisters!"
Jacob's eyes get really big and finally that smile starts to spread across his face.
Jacob - "YEA!!"

Leave it to the dad's to know when to say the right things.

Now, things are fine and he has adjusted to the idea. I think he is a little excited about it.

No comments: