Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Recap...





As my kids are getting older, these Holiday's get more and more fun. They also get to be alot more work. Jacob and Paige were all stoked about the Easter Bunny thing, which means we really have to figure out just what our family traditions are going to be.

I think we have taken a little bit from Neils childhood and a little bit from mine. As a child, I never remember Easter egg hunts or hunting for our Easter baskets. I just remember the thousands and thousands pieces of candy that were thrown all over the rooms. I remember trails of jelly beans down the hallways leading to the mother load in the family room. Then it was a mad rush of all my brother and sisters to see who could gather the largest pile in the shortest amount of time. Of course, every year came with it share of "That's not fair!" and "He got more then me!"

I never remember a new Easter dress or any particular Easter gift...just alot of candy. My siblings may attest to something different.
So, as we come up with our own traditions, I felt it was important to get my girls a new Easter Dress each year. I remember the other girls showing up for church on Easter morning in their new white hats, white gloves and new purse all to match. So, Paige got her new Easter dress again this year. Jacob got a new suit...maybe not the same, but he still looks handsome.

We got together with Neils family on Sunday for dinner and an Easter Egg hunt. Paige has learned this year what it was all about and has finally stopped having to open EVERY egg as she comes across it to see what was inside. This year they both were in a mad rush for as many eggs as possible.

Hope everyone's Easter was happy and memorable.

2 comments:

Jillybean said...

Sounds like a fun day.
We never did egg hunts in our family either. The funny thing is that now my mom makes sure to have plenty of candy filled eggs hidden in her back yard for all the grandkids to find.
Last year we decided that the kids would get their baskets on the Saturday morning before Easter. This worked out really well, and we will do it from now on.

b. said...

What's the dealio with the other 'A' family?? Did they not celebrate ANYTHING in their home growing up?