Friday, June 13, 2008

While Mom is away...


I decided i was going to leave the kids home with Neil and do some shopping last night. You mothers will know what I pain it is to take kids shopping when you are trying to find something for yourself. With Katie's upcoming wedding, I am in need of some more maternity clothes. I HATE buying maternity clothes. In many ways, I think they are a complete waste of money. It seems the retailers know they can jack the price higher then "regular" clothes too. Maternity clothes can be so expensive. With only about 6 weeks left, I cringe at the idea of having to pay for something I am only going to wear a handful of times.

Anyway, with that said, I still needed something for Katie's wedding. I warned her I might be coming in a sheet, but I decided to go looking anyway. While I am shopping, I get a text message from Neil saying that Paige went to bed early because she took her clothes off and layered herself with baby power. I thought the whole thing was funny to be honest. It is always nice when the Dad gets to experience just a fraction of what we go through during the day.

Paige is my tornado. I never knew a child that could find trouble in such little time. If I turn my back on her for a minute, she will have found something to destroy or mess up. I literally spend my day following her around keeping her out of trouble or cleaning up the trouble she found. Aren't the supposed to be getting out of that phase around their 3rd birthday? Please do not tell me this is going to be a life long challenge. I am getting to tired for it.

5 comments:

Heather-hoo Andersen said...

I somehow remember a similar picture of either Neil or Brian in the flour when he was about this age. Paige - oh how I love you!!! YOU and only YOU can make me belly laugh with the funny things you sometimes do!! :0)

ha

Rachael said...

Look at her cute little face. How could Neil put her to bed early. . . .Thank Goodness it was only Baby powder!

Queen Creek Chaffee's said...

Your family looks so good, but when are you coming to AZ to visit?

Chalan said...

That is so funny!! I cracked up just seeing the photo. I hope Neil cleaned it up for you before you got home! :) Sometimes you wonder why try to keep the house clean, eh? That's a cute picture though. :)

Tammy said...

grr!! I have a tornado too! and baby powder is the WORST, it won't clean up, even with the vacuum. It's terrible! Yikes! Silly husbands, they think it's easy to watch crazy kids all day