Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Birthday Son




Ok, so I started my previous post as a tribute to my new little 6 year old and it turned into a venting session for me. Since I also use this blog as a journal, I am going to write a note to my sweet little boy who just had a birthday.

Jacob-
Every Halloween takes me back to that night before you came into our lives. I remember the feelings your dad and I had as we drove those deserted roads to the hospital that night knowing that our lives were about to change forever. We knew that the next time we walked into the doors of our house, we would have a tiny little person to care for and love. The impact of this responsibility did not hit me until I held you in my arms for the first time. Here I was, a new mother of something sent to me straight from our Heavenly Father. He trusted me enough to care for you and raise you so that you could one day return to Him. What a great responsibility I suddenly had. I hope and pray every day that I am doing the things that are pleasing to Him. I pray that your dad and I are teaching all that you need to know to grow into that wonderful man you can be.

Jacob we love you and are proud of you. You are a wonderful little person and we love to watch you grow and develop. You are smart and kind. You love your family and we love you. Always remember who you are and that you have a divine heritage.
Happy Birthday son!!

4 comments:

Tammy said...

I can't believe you have a 6 year old! crazy! For dance Bailey goes to Ali's Dynamic Dance in Mapleton. It's the cheapest one around and she does a pretty good job. I don't know if she will take students late, but she might. There are lots of different times and such for you to choose from so you just need to look her up in the phone book! :)

Paige said...

He looks so handsome in those pics. I had the realization when Andon turned 4 and I couldn't believe how fast it has gone that in just that amount of time again he'll be getting baptized. You've only got 2 more years. It's crazy how time flies. Happy Birthday Jacob!

Tammy said...

BTW, this is an awesome note to your son! I am sure he will truly appreciate that wonderful thoughts. That' cool to have a Halloween baby (or close?). Those pictures are nice, did you take those?

Dana P said...

I remember that Halloween too. I was so excited to be an aunt again but I was in Rexburg for college. Didn't I come down that weekend to see him? I thought he was such a beautiful baby. He still is a pretty handsome kid, I just can't believe how big he is!