Monday, November 17, 2008

Yes... I am back

I have been gone from blogging for a while... I do not know why...

Ok, actually I have Facebook to blame!

I was never into it much, but recently I had an old friend from 15 years ago find me. She was a friend I went to High School with from when we lived in Malaysia. From her, I was able to find and reconnect with over 20 other friends of mine from that time in my life.

I am constantly reminded of how wonderful technology is. What a blessing it can be in our lives. Who would have thought that I would be able to find a reconnect with so many loved ones from my past.

It has also been very interesting to see where they have all ended up. Many times throughout the years I have thought about those people and wondered what ever came of them...now I know. Now these were friends of mine were from all over the world. They, like me, had moved to Malaysia because of their father's work. Many of them worked for the governments or oil companies. We all went to the International School which was based in Kuala Lumpur. Many of them were American, but I was had many friends from several different countries as well. That was a wonderful time in my life. I learned so much about other cultures and countries. It taught me tolerance and understanding of those that are different from me. I learned to love those people.

Now, I have made contact with many of these same people. It is interesting to me to see how different our lives are now. I am not only the only one who has three children... I am the only one WITH children!! I am the only stay-at-home mom. Others are in high level careers. One is an arctitect for the government in Washington D.C., another is living in France, one is working in the international travels with Marriott, another is in the High Level of the Army and is pictures with the President, one is in Switzerland... and I could go on.

At first the thought made me a little depressed. Everyone is doing something so much more with their life. But then I realized what they are missing out on. I would not trade my busy, snotty nose wiping, bum changing life for anything. It may not be glorious, but it is mine and I enjoy it.

5 comments:

Crystal said...

Oh my gosh! I completely agree! I am on Facebook too, and can't believe where all my friends are! It is crazy to see where everyone's priorities have been! It is so fun to connect with people this way! It makes me feel so special! I always think about people that I went to school with, and wonder what they are up to. It is funny to see that they are wondering about me too! As much as it sucks me into it, I just love it!

Rachael said...

I'm glad you're back! :) Did you reconnect with any Collierville friends? If not, you still have me. hee hee

Jake, Mel, and Girls said...

Yay for moms! Nothings better than that!

Freckles said...

I do the facebook thing, but not as much because it does take up a lot of time. Man that would make me a little depressed too, but only for a few minutes. Sometimes I wonder how my life would be different if I didn't have kids RIGHT after getting married, but then I can't imagine life without them! I love being a mom.

b. said...

Facebook is insane!
We (when I say "we", I mean
"I") spend a ridiculous amount of time blogging and now FACEBOOK!

Good thing Dane's into it.
But what is up with this Mafia thing? I haven't answered anybody's request to play...is it of the devil?