Friday, September 7, 2007

Secret Visitor

Last night...after another long day, Neil and I decided to rent a video and watch it after we put the kids to bed. I look forward to this time of night. A time when I can just relax and not have to referee kids or tell friends they have to go home. A time when I can just unwind...finally!


After we had started the movie, we could hear a little noise coming from around the corner...Jacob. So, of course having to stop the movie and put him in bed is another 10 minute task. But finally, he was down...or so we thought. After the movie, Neil and I turn the TV off, clean up a bit and prepared to head upstairs. Just as I am about to make my way up the stairs I find my secret visitor, Jacob had fallen asleep on the bottom stair. Who knows how long he had been laying there. Who knows how long he would have stayed there. He was so deep in sleep that he did not even wake up as I was cleaning up around him and even taking these pictures. This was not the first time he had wanted to be close to us and fell asleep doing it. It has been a while, but we grabbed a pictures of that night too.


1 comment:

Porter Family said...

Hi Amy! I must say it was rather weird to enter in my 'old' name for your blog....I'm glad the name lives on! So fun to see your cute family. Your kids are dolls! Neil did pretty darn good!