Monday, September 10, 2007

This is my life....



Why is it that whenever you have something you REALLY need to get done...something always happens that make completing that task SOOO much harder?


I have been needing to get Paige's two year pictures done for a month now. I finally decided on what she was going to wear, I made the appointment with the photographer, and I got the OK from Neil. Of course, when I am giving Paige a bath in preparation of of getting these pictures done, she slips in the bathtub and gets her first big bruise on her eye!! So, I call the place and reschedule for a few days down the road, hoping her eye would look better. Then this morning, when I am getting Jacob in the car for preschool and Paige in to get her pictures done, the door opens and our two dogs see an opportunity for a joyride. The second that door opened even a crack, they bolt out of there and did not look back. I quickly throw the kids in the car and head down the street thinking that they could not have gone far, but they disappeared!! Now normally, I would drop everything until I found them because I allow my mind to wander about them getting hit by a car or someone dognapping them, but today I did not have the time. I just pushed ahead as planned and hoped they would be there when I got home a few hours later. Fortunately, I found Toby had but put on the lease outside our house by some kind hearted neighbor and Molly was laying there next to him. I will save my drama with my dogs for another post...but, needless to say, Neil would have been happy if they never made it home.


Paige cooperated during the pictures, although you can see the bruise on her eye in some of them. I guess it just adds to the memory and at least those pictures are done for another year!!!

3 comments:

b. said...

Cute pictures!

Queen Creek Chaffee's said...

You are so good to get your pictures every year. I dont think I have done pictures for any of the kids except Wyatt his forst year?

Tammy said...

I keep waiting for a chance to take pics of Bailey, but she is the same with always having some scratch, bruise, or fat lip to prevent me from getting cute ones. My mother-in-law said I should just take them with all those injuries to show how she really was at that age, but I don't know about that!!