Sunday, September 2, 2007

Rexburg... memories






Neil's grandmother passed away last week. She died on Paiges 2nd birthday and lived in Tetonia, which is about 30 minutes outside Rexburg, ID. We just got back yesterday from the funeral. Although we were there for sad circumstances, we really had a good time being together with Neils family. I think it was a good opportunity for all of us to get to know each other alot better. Although I have known Neil for almost 10 years, I have not spend extended periods of time with them.

We all stayed at the same hotel and rooms in real close proximity to each other. We were there for two nights and some of the highlights were just hanging out together and playing in the pool. It was also VERY weird to be back to the place of so much mischievous acts during my college years. Here I was with my husband and kids driving around my old stomping ground. Of course I had to drive by my old apartment!! Things have changed so much since I went to school there. The Temple is almost complete and campus has almost doubled. Of course, who could go to Rexburg and not find some mischievous prank to play. Luckly, my sister-in-laws were right there with me. We decided to attack the doors of the family members who decided to go to bed early!! Good times! Of course, I would have loved to call a couple of boys apartments and told them "the rooster crows at dawn" or "check the oven." I guess only some of you are going to get that!!

2 comments:

LO said...

Hey you guys!! I enjoyed seeing your pictures and reading your entries. It's fun to have a site to go to when I lonesome for you all. Take care!
Lo

Queen Creek Chaffee's said...

Oh if only Rexburg could talk!