Monday, April 7, 2008

Latest Apartment Update

For those of you who are sick of hearing my crys and complaints about our apartments...tough!! This blog is the only place I can openly rag on them and describe just how stupid these people can be!!

So, remember the apartment in Feb that was left torn upside down and caused me to almost be committed? Well, here we are no more then 2 months later and I am back at square one!!! WHY WHY WHY? Now keep in mind this apartment is big.. I mean 1600 + sqft big and attracts alot of large families. Why wouldn't it. I never get a nice quite newlywed couple, I always get the single moms, newly divorced, 4+ kids, kind of people.

I thought I was a good judge of character, but apparently not!! I let these two sisters move in. They each kids...but, I felt good about them...I thought! Anyway, I got a call a few weeks back that the one sister was committed to a mental hospital because she tried to choke her sister to death. So, now they can not live together anymore and the remaining sister can not afford the $1000 rent on her own. She is now moving out and I am left to find a replacement.

I went down there today to find a broken window and smoke damage because they failed to open the fireplace once they lite a fire. The place was a MESS!! Clutter to the ceiling...toys thrown across the front lawn... and the BRAND NEW CARPET I JUST INSTALLED looked sooo dirty!! I was so irritated.

Anyway, fortunately I found a replacement tenant today. She seems nice, but I have been wrong before!! Now, I just have to get this old tenant out and that could be a task. She has until Friday to be out...we will see what happens.

Then I get to start the legal small claims proceedings and try to collect for the damages.

GOOD TIMES!!

1 comment:

Sherri said...

Poor Amy! I hope you got a good tenant this time!