Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A little news

We are leaving tomorrow to Dallas to pick up van we bought. Neil likes to buy and sell a few a year for fun. Well, this one is for us...I think. You never know with Neil. He sees $$ and wants to resell the thing again.

Anyway, for those who do not know, our family has been in deep thought about relocating out of state. Having grown up all over and embracing the learning I gained from it, I wanted my children to have similar experiences. Now, remember I am married to someone who has never lived more then 30 minutes from where he grew up (except the mission). This is still taking alot of convincing. We have talked about Texas for several months now and really tried to weigh the pros and cons.

Now that we have found this van there, we decided to take the kids along and make a few days trip out of it. We are really going to try to feel the promptings to see if this is a move we should do. It is a HUGE decision. With Neils line of work, this would mean at least 20 years in one place. I just want to make sure that one place is right for our family. I want my children to be challenged in the church. I want them to stand out for what they believe and gain a firm foundation early. Now I am not saying this can not happen here in Utah. I know it can. But, I find that the youth search so hard for a way to stand out here. To be an individual, that some turn to other means to do it. It breaks my heart at times to see the youth in our ward struggle and search. I was always different growing up. I was the Mormon. I was good with that. It was my way of standing out and never needing to defend who I was. Friends never challenged me make wrong choices because they knew what my standards were.

With all these thoughts in mind, we are hoping to come back from Dallas with some better insight. We would be pulling our children away from the grandparents and other family members. We would be pulling our children away from the Strong foundation of the church. We would have to leave the home we have built here and start BRAND NEW!! Neil would have to start a new department in an area and field that is new to him. These are all things we need to think about.

The good things is we are already listing some of our apartments for sale!!! YEA!!

2 comments:

Heather-hoo Andersen said...

I hope your family has a safe trip. You know we only want the best for your family. But - I bet you know what we will be praying for. :0) Call us when you get back!

Tammy said...

So SAD! I hope it is the best thing for you if that is what you decide, but Utah will miss you. Will you wait until after the baby is born? I hope everything goes well.