Monday, May 5, 2008

We are home!!

It only took us 20 hours in the car and three days to get home!! Good thing it was a van we bought in Dallas, not a mini, I may not have made it. I do love this van though! How can you not? It has everything you would ever want and need!! In fact, I think it has too much.

The kids did great on the trip. I was really surprised / relieved!! Jacob discovered he liked to color and practically finished a whole coloring book during the trip. Good things this van had a DVD player otherwise we would have been left playing the license plate game or something. Paige did have her moments... when we would go to get back in the car after a stop, she would cry out "NO MORE CAR SEAT!" and "NO MORE SEAT BELT" in pain!

We enjoyed a few stops along the way and getting those hotels with swimming pools! All I can say is that it is good to be home!!


I think this trip helped us to decide that Texas is a place we could live and a place our children could grow up in. We liked that there was diversity and a new way of life. Although I knew that we could find the church anywhere we went, we heard good things about the wards and stakes there. We have narrowed our search down to three cities that we would like to move to


  1. Plano

  2. Lewisville

  3. Mesquite

Now, it is just seeing if we get hired there. Neil decided to go into the Police Station in Lewisville, just on a whim. Although, he as not dressed properly, he decided he would just explain and see if there was a recruiter there he could talk to . He ended up being shown into the Chief office where he sat with him and another Sarget for an hour talking. All the time, the kids and I were in the car wondering what happened to him. He had a good talk with them and it they made him feel welcome. Things look promising. We will see what happens from here.


5 comments:

Chris said...

"we would like to" - uh.... sorry Amy, have you really discussed this move with Neil??? This sounds pretty suspicious.... hmmmm.... Nice Van though! We love ours!!!

Chalan said...

Hey Amy,
What is this about moving? I didn't know you wanted to move. Texas? Wow! looks pretty though. And did I know you were having a girl? that is so exciting!! Glad you like the new van. :)

Chalan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachael said...

I want to move to Texas! :( Take me with you. . .

Sherri said...

K if you move, we are coming too! I will insist that John find a job there too! Like it will take an arm twisting! :) John would love to move back.