Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Annual Pumpkin Patch


It has become a family tradition for us that we take a trip to the local pumpkin patch. The kids get to pick out "their" pumpkin to take home and display on the front steps.

This year we went down to the Red Barn in Santaquin. If you have not been there.. it is a fun place to take the kids. At this patch, you get to take a hay ride down to the field where all the pumpkins are sitten hoping to be chosen.

Paige found her pumpkin right away. Poor little pumpkin... it was disfigured and discolored and did not even have a very good stem. But Paige loved her little pumpkin and that is all that matters!!

Jacob got a nice round, perfectly orange pumpkin with a great stem. Funny... these pumpkins are alot like their little personalities. Paige is crazy and goes against the grain with most things and our Jacob tends to be a perfectionist and likes things just the right way.... um... interesting.

We took my mom and dad with us this year. Not as exciting for them I am sure, but my kids loved having them with us on our little "family tradition."

*** Yes, this is the best picture we got of the kids... none of them have the kids looking at the camera!! Paige is holding her poor discolored pumpkin but the one Jacob has was for picture purposes only. He found "his" pumpkin later.

5 comments:

NaMa & Boppo said...

What cute parents you have! Now I see where Jacob and Paige get their good looks! Thanks for inviting the "old folks" with you on this fun tradition. We had a blast!

NaMa & Boppo said...

What cute parents you have! Now I see where Jacob and Paige get their good looks! Thanks for inviting the "old folks" with you on this fun tradition. We had a blast!

Crystal said...

Cute pictures! I have been wanting to go to a pumpkin patch! I will have to ask you where it is! I think my kids would love that!

Paige said...

That looks like so much fun! Andon's preschool is going to The Red Barn tomorrow and we are all so excited, me and Liam are going along for the ride.
P.S. I'm happy to see that my children are not the only ones who take a strange photo now and then...in most of my pictures they look homeless, at least we know they are darling in real life.

Rachael said...

I LOVE The Red Barn!!! Good choice. What a good looking family you have.