Monday, July 21, 2008

My "Girl's Room"












Rememer this post... http://amyandersen.blogspot.com/2008/05/times-have-changed.html. Well, I finally figured out what to do about my room situation. I was really struggling to know where to put this baby. Should I just give her her own room and let go of my toy room....? Well, the answer is NO. I charish a room where I can send the kids to play and shut the door so I do not have to look at the mess they make. So, I decided to switch rooms and put the toy room in Paiges old room and put her into the old toy room. Anyway, now we are done. Well, I have been done for a few weeks and have been meaning to post a picture of our new "girls room" Neil took some time and got my wall done with white bead boarding and a decorative shelf. I love it!! It turned out really cute. I got my girls matching bedding and painted the walls a nice shade of yellow. Now normally I am NOT a fan of yellow!! I do not like it on the walls, but I think this turned out nice.

Neil even dressed the window with some nice white encasing. I have had additional shelves installed in the closet to make room for all those girls clothes... I have gone overboard on them.

Now, I think I am ready. I have a cute Vinyl saying I still need to put up on the wall and hang a few more accents, but that is just going to have to wait until after this baby gets here... I am just too tired. I am just glad it is done...

NOW I HOPE THE TWO GIRLS WILL SLEEP GOOD TOGETHER!!! FINGERS CROSSED

*yes, that is an outlet cover that still neil needs to adjust to fit

4 comments:

Chalan said...

cute room! Looks like fun. I am impressed that you got it done before your baby got here. Impressive! Looks cute! :)

Tammy said...

it looks GREAT! I wish I had the energy to do that to any room in my house. I love the tall bead board. i saw that at parade of homes once and I LOVED it. Matching bedspreads is really cute too.

Heather-hoo Andersen said...

Cute! Cute! Cute! I love it! Now you just need that cute little one to get here! love ya!

Sherri said...

Oh that is adorable! When is neil coming to help me with my house? Those girls are going to love their new room!!!