Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The REAL first day of School


Today was Jacobs first day of school.... for real this time!! We went to his assessment yesterday, which helped him get more excited. We decided we were going to walk this morning with the masses what walk their kids to school. It was fun to join the "school going crowd." Jacob took his bike, but got nervous riding with all the people around so ended up walking his bike to school.

He ran right in again this time and was happy to see the lights on in his classroom!! The room was full of all his classmates sitting at their tables. He found him name on his assigned table and happily sat down with the other two boys that were already there.

It was hard to let him go... I wanted to just stay outside the door the whole time and watch him from a distance. Walking back home was almost lonely. Paige and I were anxious to pick him up when the time came and I was so happy to see him come out of the school with a smile on his face and hear that enjoyed his first day. His exact words were "I like Kindergarten." I am so happy. I just hope this excitement lasts up through high school.




1 comment:

Chalan said...

What a cute kid! He looks so old- I can't believe they are that old. Yah, he reminds me of Blythe, it is a good thing they are so independant or it would be a lot harder to leave them. Glad he is liking kindergarten. :)